The mission of the NGO Committee on Migration (CoM) is to encourage the protection and promotion of migrants’ human rights in accordance with the United Nations Charter. As a member of the Conference of Non-Governmental Organizations (CoNGO), we are in consultative relationship with the United Nations.
In the 2020-2022 term, the CoM is focusing on four areas, each of which is being addressed by a Subcommittee:
- Migrants in Vulnerable Situations / Mixed Migration
- Xenophobia, Racism & Social Inclusion
- Climate-Induced Displacement
- Children in Migration
Check out our Subcommittee pages to learn what work we are doing on each of these fronts.
Promote your organization on the NGO CSW66 Forum Portal!
Apply for a virtual Exhibit Booth and/or Handbook Ad to promote your organization or Parallel Event and engage with NGO CSW66 Forum attendees.
Apply for an Exhibit Booth
Apply to host a virtual Exhibit Booth on the NGO CSW66 Virtual Forum Portal! Leading up to the Forum, participants will be able to visit your booth, learn about your organization, and request more information. During the Forum (from 14 to 25 March), you will be able to have representatives of your organization at the booth available to virtually meet and greet visitors to your booth.
By applying for an Exhibit Booth, you’ll have access to the following features:
- Organization will be featured on the NGO CSW66 Forum Portal under the “Exhibit Hall” tab to thousands of participants (See last year’s Exhibit Hall for an example);
- Custom landing page for your organization;
- Exhibitors can manage and edit your logo, description, and content on your page. You can also upload handouts, materials, and resources. Exhibit Booths also have a discussion feature where participants can engage with you and each other;
- Online lead retrieval: Attendees can easily “request information” from Exhibitor organizations, sharing their contact information. You’ll have access to those who have requested information and their contact information.
- Exhibitors can host events in your booth, and your Exhibit Booth representatives can engage and communicate directly with Forum attendees.
Purchase a Handbook Ad
Purchase a virtual Handbook Advertisement to promote your organization and/or Parallel Event on the NGO CSW66 Forum virtual Portal and in our interactive Handbook! Your organization will be featured on the Portal under the “Handbook” tab leading up to and during the NGO CSW66 Forum in March 2022. (See last year’s Handbook page here as an example).
By purchasing a Handbook Ad, you’ll have access to the following features:
- Organization will be featured on the NGO CSW66 Forum Portal under the “Handbook Ad Sponsors” tab;
- Custom landing page for your organization;
- Handbook Ad sponsors can manage and edit your logo, description, and content on your page. You can also upload images, videos, handouts, materials, and resources. Handbook Ad pages also have a discussion feature where participants can engage with you and each other;
- Your advertisement graphic/flyer will be featured in the interactive Handbook and on your page on the Forum Portal. (See last year’s Handbook for an example. Ads are at the end of the document.)
Children in Migration Matter
Children in Migration Matter “is the picture of the situation of migrant families and their children in Elmhurst and Corona communities in Queens, NYC.
From the data, the urgent need is apparent for the implementation of Early Childhood Education and Care initiatives. If circulated among local authorities and law makers, this document would facilitate positive actions in this direction. Moreover, it could be proposed as a template for initiatives in other realities around the world.”
Report on our latest survey of NGOs concerning xenophobia and racism.
On July 8 the Subcommittee on Xenophobia, Racism and Social Inclusion launched a report based on our latest survey of NGOs concerning their efforts to serve migrant communities and help eradicate xenophobia and racism.
Survey on Migrant and Refugee Victims of Xenophobia and Intolerance in the Context of the Coronavirus Pandemic
The NGO Committee on Migration is requesting responses to a survey prepared by the Subcommittee on Xenophobia and Social Inclusion to assess the impact COVID-19 has had on the migrant population in relation to xenophobia and social exclusion.
We are seeking replies from NGOs, academia, civil society institutions and United Nations entities in order to obtain as comprehensive data as possible on this essential grassroots work. Please consult the linked survey for an account of how we plan to use the data and publish the results.
Thank you for taking the time to respond. If you have any further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
UNESCO’S ETHICS COMMISSIONS’ CALL FOR GLOBAL VACCINES EQUITY AND SOLIDARITY
Joint Statement by the UNESCO International Bioethics Committee (IBC) and the UNESCO World Commission on the Ethics of Scientific Knowledge and Technology (COMEST)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Stay up to date on the latest migration advocacy news by subscribing to our Weekly Update, a brief, weekly digest of events, webinars, reports, and action items for those working to protect the rights of people in migration with a special focus on those working in, around, or in relationship with the UN.
Check out the most recent editions of the Weekly Update in our Resources section!