The NGO Committee on Migration (CoM) was formed in New York in 2006 at the urging of various non-governmental organizations in consultative status with the United Nations ECOSOC, in light of the United Nations General Assembly Resolutions 59/241 and 60/227, the Secretary General’s report of 18 May 2006, the Civil Society Hearings held on 12-13 July 2006, and the United Nations General Assembly high level segment devoted to global migration issues, 13-14 September 2006.
The Committee is a member of the Conference of Non Governmental Organizations (CoNGO) in consultative relationship with the United Nations’ Economic and Social Council. We are a committee of over 50 NGOs who seek to realize justice for migrants, refugees, stateless persons, internally displaced persons, and trafficked persons. We meet monthly in New York City to collaborate on our shared mission: to encourage the promotion and protection of migrants and their human rights, in accordance with the United Nations Charter.
The Brochure for the NGO Committee on Migration can be viewed by clicking here: 2020-2021 CoM Brochure
Benefits of Membership
- Opportunities to collaborate with international NGOs focused on advocating for migrants, refugees, stateless persons, internally displaced persons, and trafficked persons
- Opportunities to contribute to and endorse official statements and advocacy letters drafted by the Committee
- Participation in Subcommittees focused on specific, timely migration issues
- Notices of monthly meetings of the NGO Committee on Migration
- Invitations to all UN special events, receptions and meetings sponsored by the Committee
- Information about and invitations to UN events
How to Become a Member
Membership on the committee runs from 1 September – 31 August. New organizations may become members at any time. Complete and submit this form to become a member and join us in our advocacy on behalf of migrants and refugees.